The property was originally owned by Mr and Mrs Delaney, Mr Delaney having been a sergeant in the militia. They sold the property to Mr and Mrs Ryan in about 1914. Mr and Mrs F. J. Osborne bought the farm in 1918. The Hamilton City Council purchased it in 1956.
The Hamilton Park Cemetery was opened in 1958 and in 1965 the Crematorium was dedicated by the Bishop of Waikato, the Rt Rev. J. 'l'. Holland.
Tedding hay on the property that is now Hamilton Park Cemetery, 1930's.