Henry Reynolds was a pioneer of the dairy industry in the Waikato. A former manager of the Woodlands Estate he purchased 1600 acres of land in 1886 which became the Newstead Estate.
He established the first creamery in the area on the Newstead Estate in 1890. He also had a creamery at Pukerimu at which he founded "Anchor Brand" butter. This now world reknowned brand was named after an anchor tattooed on Henry Reynolds' arm.
The first telephone line to Newstead was from the Woodlands Estate at Gordonton to the Newstead Estate. The line ran along Telephone Road, thus giving the road its name.
Newstead School (Marsh Meadows), Centennial 1890-1990