On the Northern end of Grahams block, bounding on the River and Leslies Gully, was the farm, bought by Mrs Banvell and her sons. Charles and J. Henry. On the Eastern side the boundary was the gully running parallel with the main road until it bounded on Aberdeen.
Barwell's land had been laid out in orchard, the land deemed to be suitable for fruit, being of clay formation.
A cider plant was purchased which was later bought by Mr Barugh of "Wartle". Little use was made of the machine.
Earlier Charles had set up a similar plant on the out-skirts of Cambridge, on Sharps property, hoping to make use of the apples produced around Cambridge.
The Tamahere area today carries and produces good crops of apples. The land had in the early days had been Gazetted as suitable by the Agricultural Department.
Later occupants were Thompsons, Loughlins, well known auctioneers, followed by Yoeman, father and son George.

Mr J. Murphy purchased in 1893 the Eastern portion of Barwell's on the main road and Newell Road. House at top of Leslies Gully on left going down hill into Hamilton.
He was a builder, specializing in bridge building, and had died before my recollection, leaving Mrs Murphy with a large growing family, the budget of whom, was assisted many  a time with mutton from Mr. Newell.
Several of the boys became well known builders in Hamilton. Arthur farmed at Taupiri and Tom became a School Teacher, while Kevin the youngest boy, became an Accountant to Messrs House and Daking, Hamilton then Courts.

KENDRICK ........................................ 
S.S. Graham sold to Campbell in 1889, followed by 1912, Messrs Bloomfield, Cox and O'Grady, the latter selling to Mr .T.O. Hodgson from Taranaki.

Mr W. Newell managed the whole estate for Mr Bloomfield, having worked earlier on the Gordonton Estate.
When the area was split up Mr Newell bought the North Western portion bounding on the Waikato River, in 1902.
During the time the Newells were on Grahams Hill, the eldest child Mary, fell in the well (a source of many fatalities in Waikato) and Mr Newell, being around shimmied down the rope and grabbed the girl, bringing her to the surface, by holding her clothes in his teeth. His hands were required to pull himself up on the rope.
Mr Newell was a first class farmer, bred Clydesdales, sheep and shorthorns - part of the farm was cropped swedes and oats. Bud Cassidy of Hamilton was his ploughman for many years.
The Cambridge Road Board was served by Mr Newell, who ultimately became Chairman of Waikato County Council after the Road Boards merged.
He was chairman of the School Committee for some 14 years and always looked up to by the children.
After the removal of the saleyards from Hamilton to Frankton, Mr Newell was instrumental in setting up the Hamilton East yards - Knighton Road, Clyde Street Corner, but the yards were not popular, and faded out after some six years.
Mr Newell was an excellent neighbour and good friend to all in the district. He died on October 1934.
The Western portion bounding the river is still held by his grandson, John Powell.
His daughter, Ada, Mrs Malcolm Hodgson lives alongside on the Hodgson side of the Estate.

Mr Thomas Oliver Hodgson with his family arrived in 1913 from Eltham, Taranaki, buying Grahams homestead portion, containing the old two story homestead set on the hill running back to the river - an outstanding site overlooking the whole of Tamahere. Attached to the house was a bricked ballroom, which for safety reasons was removed in later years.
Mr Hodgson named the farm "Ryvington" which stretched from Newells Boundary to the Narrows Road, being bisected by Newells Road, put in by the County just before Mr Newell died. The land facing the main road had already been sold.
The Hodgson family brought with them a herd of Fresians, some of the progeny are milked to this day - outstanding animals, which could always be depended to hold their own in any showing.
After 1914 - 1918 War, Hodgson sold the South-East portion on Narrows Road, to the Bridge, to his son James, who had returned from hostilities overseas.

Retained the homestead block after the death of his father, leaving it to his nephews, William and Robert when he died.
William replaced the homestead and Robert built on the ridge to the river. 

When he married Ada Newell took the Northeastern section of the farm, plus a portion left by Mr Newell on North side of Newells Road.
His two sons Robert and William now farm the area.
Alongside the home on the hill is a gigantic oak which Mr Phillip Hodgson in his will expressed a hope should be preserved at all costs.

Tamahere 1868-1940, By Alfred Main